Hickey Oatley Planning & Development is a RiskSMART accredited consultant with Brisbane, Gold Coast and Logan City Councils.
WHAT IS RISKSMART?
RiskSMART is a fast-tracked approval process for low risk, decision-ready development applications. Accredited consultants are responsible for preparing and assessing the application for Council endorsement.
- Gold Coast City Council offer a 10% discount on their application fees
- Brisbane City Council offer a 20% discount on their application fees
- Logan City Council offer a 25% discount on their application fees
- Reduced assessment timeframes. Once lodged, a decision is usually granted in 5 business days.
ELIGIBLE APPLICATION TYPES
- New dwelling houses and extensions
- Dual occupancy and Multiple dwellings (up to 10 dwellings)
- Reconfiguration of a lot (up to 10 lots)
- Low impact industry, medium impact industry and warehouse
- Centre activities in a centre zone (400m2 or 5% of existing GFA, whichever is the greater)
- Prescribed tidal works
- Educational establishment (where no increase to student capacity)
- New dwelling houses or Dual occupancy with a partial third storey
- Multiple dwellings (up to 10 dwellings)
- Reconfiguration of a lot (up to 6 lots)
- Business activities (food and drink outlet; office; shop; showroom; hardware and trade supplies; education establishment; veterinary services; health care services)
- Industrial activities (involving the manufacture, production, processing, repair, alteration, distribution and storage of any product)
- Residential – Dwelling
- Residential – Other (includes mixed use developments incorporating residential component)
- Reconfiguring a Lot (within any zone)
- Commercial/Retail/Other (also includes mixed use developments incorporating residential component and other uses not listed here)
Image: Arkhaus Lawson St project Edits: Rhiannon Smit